The Fades Rant

I'm the Fades, and I rant b/c i have some time to. I dont know..i'll talk about many things on this blog. Religion, girls, life. Thats about it. So really, I'll talk about 3 things.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

more weird sleeping habits

When we last spoke, I was discussing how I would much rather be freezing cold and be wrapped in my blankets, then be boiling hot, and have to sleep without any blankets. This got me thinking about all my other strange sleeping habits and I have decided to finally share them with the reading public. Without further ado...
I was never a solid sleeper and that means that I always had trouble going to sleep/staying asleep/sleeping through noise/ etc. I don't know when this problem actually began, but according to reports from my parents, it took them hours to get me to fall asleep as a young baby. I first remember having trouble falling asleep by myself at around age 3 or 4, and I think this problem was closely associated with watching things on TV that I shouldn't be watching. For example, I saw the horror movie "It" when I was 3, and this made me afraid of clowns forever. As a side note, I wouldn't go to parties if there were clowns present. I don't know why every kid insisted on having a clown at their party. I had a magician at my 5 year old party and it was much more enjoyable for everyone, especially when he did this trick on a lady there and got her bra off somehow without removing her shirt. I knew this was inappropriate even at the young age of 5, but I found it humerous. I wish that magician could teach me this trick now, as it could prove to be helpful.

Anyway, so I was afraid of clowns, and I also saw Freddy Krueger # 3 on TV, and that just made my sleeping problems worse. B/c if you know the premise of Freddy Krueger, he is a guy that kills you in your dreams, and so I was always worried that he would come into my dream and kill me! As it turns out, the only people that appear in my dreams are girls I know, and when I try to give them a kiss, they tell me to go away and they run away cackling like witches.

I got over my fear of going to sleep by forcing Abba to lie on the floor next to me every night and tell me stories until i fell asleep. These were very bizzare stories about either Rambo, or Mario and Luigi... but not all three of them together. I will not get into the details of these stories here, as I will save that for another time. Anyway, the problem is that even though I was able to fall asleep with the help of Abba and his interesting stories, I would still wake up about 4 hours later and then I'd be screwed for the rest of my mind, b/c I would talk myself into a state of panic that I will now no longer be able to fall back asleep. I would then think about every small thing I have to do the next day, and worry about how tired I am going to be and how I won't be able to do anything effectively. The weird thing is that I didn't have anything very strenous to do the next day at such a young age. What was I so stressed about? Not being able to build blocks well in nursery bet?

This problem did not go away quickly or easily. Until age 13, I would bring my pillow and blanket into my parents' room (note proper placing of apostrophe), and sleep on the floor for the latter part of the night. This cured me, but if we logically analyze it, it is hard to understand why
If I was concerned with Freddy Krueger killing me in my dream, then I could still have had that dream while sleeping on my parents' floor. And if it was robbers I was concerned with (as i later was), then they could still kill me-no matter what room I was in. Whatever...the point is that it made me feel better and helped me sleep, and that I [ersisted in this behavior until age 13.

Sometimes the truth hurts, and sometimes i lie when i write these rants. So the truth is, that this problem actually continues...right now-to my current age of 23. I am on the floor right now and am writing this rant. My parents are bothered by the clicking sound, and the IM noise. Happy Mothers Day.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yeah, well saturday night, i had a dream that i was in a cab, some guy came in with a gun and shot me in the head. Then i woke up two months later, and i was 5 months pregnant and my baby was doin fine. Thats all fine and well, except that i am a dude and dudes dont have babies.
    I think i have problems. And for that reason, this is anonymous.

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger Hopefool said…

    The Nightmare on Elm Street movies (not "Frddy Krueger") scared the bejesus out of me. I'm not sure what bejesus are, but I know I missed having them. Jason and Michael were wooses compared to Freddy. Also Star Jones gave me nightmares in my early teens.

     
  • At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    so i think you're histerical. I want you to write a blog about me. -Your blogspot secret admirer

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Lawyer Finder