The Fades Rant

I'm the Fades, and I rant b/c i have some time to. I dont know..i'll talk about many things on this blog. Religion, girls, life. Thats about it. So really, I'll talk about 3 things.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

bears

This will be very short. I just want to know why everyone has those bears with them when they get engaged. If you don't know what I mean, you can check many engagement pages on www.onlysimchas.com, and you will find pictures of many couples with an imaginary "bear couple", often dressed in a nice tuxedo and wedding gown. I want to know who started this bizarre wedding bear thing, is it connected to "Vermont teady bear". I also want to know if bears take pictures with an imaginary human couple when the bears get married. Maybe its only the jewish bears. Finally, I would also like to know if perhaps the purpose of these bears is to create a buffer between the couple so that they don't have to touch during pictures. If this is the reason, they should really bring the bears with them everywhere untill they are married. It is my opinion that the bears look stupid, especially in a tuxedo and wedding gown, and that there has to be a better "buffer" for shomer nagiah purposes. Perhaps giant flowers, or even regular sized flowers....thats it for me now.

9 Comments:

  • At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i hate those retarted bears. just like i hate the only simchas website. but its like a bad car crash. you just HAVE to look.

    -liz

     
  • At 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Liz,

    I'd appreciate if you refrained from using the "Re_____" word.

    Thanks,

    avram

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9:45 AM, Blogger The Fades said…

    sorry j-arn. lets reserve comments like that for private talk.

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger Lost said…

    Bears are stupid. It's sorta, we can't let pp know we hooked up already, so let's look like we're living vicariously through the bears. And I don't like the retarded word either.

     
  • At 10:35 PM, Blogger Hopefool said…

    What if it'a a Teddy Ruxspin? That could be cool: It could scold the couple from touching each other when they think no one is looking, and then tell them nice bedtime stories at night to prevent them from fooling around.
    Also the Golden Crisp bear would be cool to just have around...for a while. I think if he just kept saying "Can't get enough of that Golden Crisp..." over and over again, we'd have to feed him to gentle ben.I mean everytime you'd go out to eat or go to the supermarket you know he'd say it.
    I don't think having one of the Bernstein Bears would be cool though, unless they had a supply of those delicious looking honeycombs. They're horrible dressers,cheap, and are really uptight (but they tend to build awesome tree houses).
    G-d willing when and if I get engaged I hope to have one of the Chicago Bears with me, preferably one on the offensive line. I can't imagine anything funnier than having a 350 pound black dude in all our pictures. What a dream....

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    one must ask, though, why did bears become so popular in the first place? bears are large, smelly, and tend to occasionally eat people. maybe people on onlysim shold hold ducks, koalas, or some other tame animal?
    -d

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger Av said…

    If you would like to call something retarded without using the word, you can just use the FCC-approved phrase which means the same thing: "it started." For example, Liz's comment would been politically correct and still meant the same thing if the post had said "i hate those it started bears."

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am one of those bears who have to pose in the engagement pic on onlysimchas. I would apprechiate if you wouldnt bash me publicy online. This is how I make a living to support my family and cubs.

    -an upset bear

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Lawyer Finder