The Fades Rant

I'm the Fades, and I rant b/c i have some time to. I dont know..i'll talk about many things on this blog. Religion, girls, life. Thats about it. So really, I'll talk about 3 things.

Sunday, February 13, 2005

pressing the panic button

Another saturday night, and another so called "date", which means another chance for me to write something about it. But really this is more a self-analysis and everyone is welcome to come along for the disturbing ride.

Lets see, b/c this was a date, I had to do some type of activity. My Mom would always yell at me if that activity was sitting in my den and watching my Hanc or Reishit video. Sure enough, i found myself showing some clips from my reishit video, but then quickly realized that I had to go do some type activity. I tried to sit in my apartment and avoid the inevitable activity, but I kept hearing mice scurrying through my walls and ceiling. Now, this is probably the most disturbing thing you will ever hear. I feel like I am a character in a horror movie whenever I hear them. The worst feeling in the world is being awaken by the sound of mice in your ceiling. Also, waking up to the realization that you have soiled yourself is pretty bad. So I guess this would be 2nd on the bad wake up list. In any event, all these factors aggregrated together really made me realize I needed to get the hell out of my apartment and do an activity. So we took a walk to Ben and Jerry's and got some ice cream. And this led to some serious trouble.

1)I got two flavors, one called "brownie batter" and one called "cookies and cream". I was ripping through my ice cream meal, when I suddenly realized that there was something weird in my mouth. I spit it out and I think it might have been a cherry. I'm still not sure what it was doing in there, as cherrys are not an essential ingredient of either of the flavors aformentioned. Anyway this completely ruined my ice cream experience and made me gag and almost vomit.

2) This morning I was examining my date outfit in the mirror and thinking how wonderfully dressed I was. But then , to my horror, I spotted a huge chocolate stain all over my shirt. Like there was more chocolate then standard-stripe pattern. And I simply went into a panic attack. Questions started flying at me at ludicrus speed. Did she see this stain? Was I just dripping ice cream all over myself when I was eating? If she saw it, why didn't she say anything? If she didnt see it, how did it happen? Why did i get "brownie batter" and not "chocolate fudge brownie"? What is the difference between those 2 anyway? And finally, why did we go out for ice cream if its 37 degrees outside?

This type of reaction is abnormal, and its called "pressing the panic button." This type of reaction may be normal for other scenaros, like a traumatic break-up, but not for a realization of a stain. Anyway, I had to call my date right away and find out what the story was. Thank G-d everything seems to be OK. We think, in an attempt to be a gentlemen and throw out the ice cream, I may have gotten it on my shirt. Still, its unclear how this went unnoticed. So does anyone know how to get chocolate out of a shirt?

3 Comments:

  • At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fades, you prove once again why vanilla is the sure safe choice, especially on high-risk situation like a date... All the best and keep up the good work

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger The Fades said…

    eff. finding internal contradictions billy?

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Flava Flave, the panic button is an unneccessary resource to be pulling out in this situation for a few reasons. 1-u should be worrying about more important aspects of the date such as whether or not she was ok with ur abnormally large behind. 2-u tend to eat with ur hands, if u ate the choclate fudge brownie with ur hand then no sense in panicing b/c u have no shot at a thrid date anyway. But most importantly, you have had major luck with the argyle sweater in the past, its a sure thing so dont even sweat it. ITS IN THE BAG!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Lawyer Finder