The Fades Rant

I'm the Fades, and I rant b/c i have some time to. I dont know..i'll talk about many things on this blog. Religion, girls, life. Thats about it. So really, I'll talk about 3 things.

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Pardon me Ms. , Is that my Yarmulka??

Anyone who has ever spent a Shabbos on a secular college campus, or perhaps even in Stern School of Obedience for Women, will be able to relate to this very important post. Here we go...
I was at the Hillel House, when it was pointed out to me through the transparent Machitzah, that a girl was wearing a yarmulka during davening. She also had a lovely tallis. Now, lets get something straight right now- I have no problem with this girl's gender confusion. In fact, I really found it fascinating and humorous to observe. But it also made me think of some interesting questions. I have seen numerous yarmulka-clad women in my day, and all of them wear the serugah-type. Now, why is this?? Why don't you ever see one of these mixed up maniacs going "yeshivish" with the black velvet, or better yet, going black hat. One might think, (and I do) , that Barbra Streisand would have set the cross-dressing precedent with her spectacular performance in "Yentel". BUT, if this theory is true, you would see these wackjobs wearing a much more yeshivish style, instead of the colorful serugah types that are more common. Now, do these girls only wear their yarmulkas when they come to shul, or do they wear it in the comforts of their own home as well. Do they act like certain guys do, and remove the yarmulka when they go to a club or bar or whatever? Do they switch to a baseball cap for certain scenarios...or is it simply always that yarmulka. And furthermore, do they have a large selection sitting at home somewhere, or is it always the same damn one. You would assume that they want to pick out a matching one, depending on the outfit they are wearing, so my guess is that they have a nice variety to choose from.

Personally, when I look at one of these girls with a yarmulka, its the equivalent of looking at a girl with a mustache or beard or horrible mole or something very "off." There is something blatantly attached to her face/head that simply doesn't belong, much like facial hair. I would go as far to say, that even if the girl was very attractive, she would lose that element somehow by wearing the yarmulka. Why is this? B/c in my head, she turns everything upside down and causes me great confusion. But then again, this is a major hypothetical, b/c I have yet to see an attractive girl actually doing this.

What is the message that we should take from this rant? One message is to realize that girls who do this are acting illogically. They probably think this will help them achieve some sort of twisted equality, but this is biologically impossible. Last time I checked, these girls didn't have to go through the painful process of BRIS MILAH. My proposal is that if girls want to wear male-stuff, we should be allowed to cut off a part of one of their appendages. (is that a human- word, or only grasshoppers have that, or something?) Now, that would be true equality, as well as very disturbing. But then again, seeing this girl wear a yarmulka is also disturbing. Funny as hell and yet disturbing. GN

4 Comments:

  • At 5:23 PM, Blogger The Fades said…

    Billy,

    Thanks for your comment, and keep reading! They have these transparent machitzahs, which makes it very difficult not to stare at all the bizzare people on the other side. Truth is, I shouldn't be looking at the single girls either during the services. But I'm human.

     
  • At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, its Bob. You know the guy... ugly, fat and has 2 feet. Yea anyway, I would have thought you would have been attracted to a girl with a yarmulka since your 'ace of base' comment. Not that there's anything wrong with that...but Im just raising some issues here.

     
  • At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    excellent bit, be in touch with seinfelds people i think he'd be duely impressed

    take care little man

     
  • At 6:39 AM, Blogger The Fades said…

    Meir, thank you so much for your post and interesting ideas. Its odd that this girl resembled a troll, maybe she is a good match for me. Also, lets be fair, girls are not limited to doing dishes. They also are good at sewing or sowing or something. As for expanding the blog, I will need your assistance on the pictures and visual arts ,but I am confident that it will continue to grow. Be good.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Lawyer Finder