The Fades Rant

I'm the Fades, and I rant b/c i have some time to. I dont know..i'll talk about many things on this blog. Religion, girls, life. Thats about it. So really, I'll talk about 3 things.

Thursday, January 27, 2005

6th Grade Memories...good times.

Today I was walking in the freezing cold and listening to the radio, and lo and behold (strange expression) I was given a true gift. Meatloaf's "I would do anything for love" came on the radio, and I was immedietly warped back into 6th Grade once again. Yes, thats correct, this happens on a normal basis. So without further ado (spelling?) lets take a quick but memorable glimpse into my 6th grade memories.

SO it was around this time that I got my first CD player , old-school boombox style. I think it actually still works. And the major issue was..which CDs to buy for this musical device? And the answer was fairly simple and extremely homosexual....1) ace of base and 2) meatloaf. Now Meatloaf is understandable simply because of "i would do anything for love." Its great to listen to a very fat man sing about doing anything for love. Would Meatloaf go on a diet for love? Would he get lyposuction? Another questions to ponder is ..would U do ANYTHING for Love??? But alas, this question is way too deep to be discussed at this time. (but if u have comments on that question, post em up)
Back to the CDs...so I'm finding it very hard to justify buying an ace of base cd. I remember there was "the sign" and we all know and love that one. There was also "all that she wants" and i think the next words are "is another baby." I dont know why these swedish women needed or wanted another baby. But in China, u should know, u cannot have that many babies. If u have more than the amount allowed, they will kill your baby. Or throw it in a garbage.
I was really really into this ace of base cd; i think the group was composed of 2 women- 1 blond, 1 brunette, and probably 2 men also. Although, i may be confusing them with other european powerhouses such as "the real mcCoy" or "eifel 49". Either way, I used to pretend 2 girls in my class were the 2 female singers, and me and my friend were the 2 male singers, and we were an import rock group. And I would sing the songs in the mirror...alone, b/c the other 3 people didnt know about this little pretend game I played. My imagination was really crucial in 6th grade, and I also liked to try and relate popular tv characters to my own personal life. For instance, I was exactly like Brandon of 90210, b/c I was smart and had long sideburns. Which brings me to the point of this rant...The OC: great show, but I am having trouble relating to any of the male characters. Cohen is a Jew, but I really dont see any similarities between him and myself. And this is why I miss 6th grade, a time when my imagine seemed endless, even to the point where i was a member of Ace of Base. GN

5 Comments:

  • At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    These blogs are now becoming part of my daily schedule and I can't go to sleep without reading the latest one. Rav Ari, you are achieving a great goal by satisfying the readers of this site.

    Classic line Feds, "But in China, u should know, u cannot have that many babies. If u have more than the amount allowed, they will kill your baby. Or throw it in a garbage." - - - - Made my day
    Regis

     
  • At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    First of all, enough with all the arrogant English major braggers about how grammatically correct you are. I was also one, that's why I'm allowed to say that.
    Secondly, has anyone else had temporary blindness from reading the blog? I find that the black background with white font blurs, and then I look away, I see all the sentences in the air. Maybe I am just developing some kind of pseudo-photographic memory, like those Cam Jansen books.

    "Hope the Fades doesn't fade again this shabbos..."

    From, your fa(v)e cousin
    (whoa, that was totally pushing it, i'll stop there)

     
  • At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fades- I respect your honesty, but at no point did I ever resort to the Ace of Base purchase- call it divine intervention or even a "sign," but it was fairly obvious that homosexuality in 6th grade was directly predicated upon one's longing for Ace of Base- to make matters worse, Meatloaf was a vital part of your collection- I shake my head in disgust- would your argyle sweater'd twin approve of such mentally deranged behavior? I'm thinking not likely- moral of the story: erase Meatloaf and Ace of Base from the long term memory. Moreover, get to close early from now on so that foreign based women do not became a staple to your existence- it starts with one class and the next thing you know you are perpetually hungover and the Scandavian woman is carrying your 5th kid- good luck man- hope this helps.

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How come Jamie & Moishe have not posted on here yet?

     
  • At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    weird. a forum for fade fans. seems ironic. feeling out of the new york world but back in with blog posting. brings back sy syms memories. fades sitting at the compuer conducting social scenes via the internet and anyone can say anything and post anything about anyone and be anonymous. a weirdos haven, a stalkers haven. knows your life and your interests. real investigators could do anything and say anything and find you. that'd be strange. hmm interesting

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Lawyer Finder